Thread: Will these wheels fit on my S13

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    90 Hatch, SR20DET red top, ARP head studs, rocker arm stoppers, CX racing FMIC, HKS SSQV BOV, Ralco short shifter, Emusa coilovers, S14 seats and manual seatbelts. NEEDS MORE BOOST lol

Wiz is offline treat yo self Go buy me some race gas!
    All i have to say is, be wary of your body harness.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiz View Post
    All i have to say is, be wary of your body harness.
    Why is that? will the inside lip rub against it? See I need to know these things lol.

I'm going to raise the car up a little also, I hate scraping on speed bumps.
    Last edited by Boosted_S13; 12-15-2014 at 09:35 AM.
    90 Hatch, SR20DET red top, ARP head studs, rocker arm stoppers, CX racing FMIC, HKS SSQV BOV, Ralco short shifter, Emusa coilovers, S14 seats and manual seatbelts. NEEDS MORE BOOST lol

Just going from 15" wheels to 19" wheels will raise the car up. But check the clearance at the top of the tire. There's a harness that runs along the front driver side wheel well. Some people reroute the harness to avoid scrubbing the harness. Check this thread for a walk through: http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=407974

Oops, didn't realize S13s have harnesses on both sides. S14s only have a harness on the driver side.

Got ya, the 19s have 35 series tires so they aren't that much taller than the 15" tires but I will be raising the car back up a little and rerouting those harnesses just to be safe.

EDIT: just looked through that thread, shit I didnt want to take the fender off. I bet it is going to be a bitch to get the gaps lined back up right so it doesn't look like shit. But oh well if it has to be done then it has to be done.
    Last edited by Boosted_S13; 12-16-2014 at 03:09 AM.

Getting the fenders to line back up wont be a problem, so long as you dont bend/flex the fenders in anyway, which is an easy feat.

My concern for you is steering. Make sure your wheels at full lock dont touch the harness at the point where it enters the cabin from the wheel well. Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiz View Post
    Getting the fenders to line back up wont be a problem, so long as you dont bend/flex the fenders in anyway, which is an easy feat.

My concern for you is steering. Make sure your wheels at full lock dont touch the harness at the point where it enters the cabin from the wheel well. Make sense?
    Yep I understand completely, I seen on the link that was posted how the harness runs. So even if I have to cut and solder every wire to reroute them it won't be an issue. I will have to make sure I have 2 days off work to make sure all of this gets done. Because once I start I can't stop lol, and to think I was more worried about adjusting the ride height on the coilovers but that seems like its going to be the easy part.

I personally wouldnt do that. There are better ways. like this for instance

you could always fab some up and bolt it up there to protect it. My buddies old couple was slammed and ran 18x10.5 wheels up front, so he used this method. Never gave him an issue

but like i said before, check and see if that clearance will be an issue before you do anything.

Thread Information