Thread: *Please Read* Suggestion To Stimulate Community Interaction

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 *Please Read* Suggestion To Stimulate Community Interaction 
    Okay, so it's pretty undeniable at this point that 240Atlanta has lost a lot of traffic. I love this site and I love the members on here in a very homosexual manner. So, I want to see this place flourish once again.

There are a couple things that I think will help us maintain currently active members and gain new active members.

1. Free reign to the front page.
    • This Means: All sub category forums will be displayed to the front page when posted in.
      • I acknowledge this particular function of the site was removed to make the site more welcoming to newcomers. While I completely agree and understand these actions, I think we can all agree that traffic has slowed to a crawl when we forget about the spam and buy/sell/trade posts. The actual content contribution, debating, opinion sharing/slamming has almost gone away entirely.
      • I also acknowledge that this action took away threads on the front page titled "Bro, I totally fucked a taco bell worker last night", or "Fuck the mods. I hope they have explosive diarrhea for eternity". So I have a solution for that too.
        • First Solution: Edit their Titles/ Delete their threads and give out infractions/temp bans. We have plenty of mods here, this option is more than feasible.
        • Second solution: Create a label to put on threads that the OP's and/or Mods can use to prevent/remove these threads from seeing the front page due to language vulgarity/stupidity/pointlessness.
        • I understand that option #2 requires some effort, so don't forget about the natural solution: Say screw it and let whatever gets posted hit the front page. We had more traffic in the past using this method, why would it change now?

2. Open up the Drama section, but leave it off the front page.
    • This means: Let us members start and end shit with one another. At this point in 240Atlanta's ever shortening lifespan, what could it hurt?
      • I know there are memories of the way things panned out/didn't in this section, but now, almost every active member gets along, and sadly, haven't actually even met.
      • This section, if opened, has a good possibility of pumping some life into this website and members can join sides and have some fun debating with one another.
      • If any point in this thread is disregarded, make it this one, because it's a "just for fun" type of suggestion.

3. Restore the use of Tapatalk.
    • This means: Restore the use of Tapatalk.
      • As to my understanding, this functionality was removed to pinpoint the intrusion of spammers. The spam never stopped, but my ability to use an EXTREMELY convenient segway to 240Atlanta, did.

I hope, Flip, that you have the time to address these issues, or someone else that has the ability to do so does. I really do enjoy being a part of this site and I want new members to realize what it was like in it's prime. It's possible that new members used to be scared away in the past by vulgarity, now they have no interest because other than a simple buy/sell/trade engine, 240Atlanta is desolate. Please take into consideration my thoughts, and of course, tweak them to your liking and ability to put into fruition.

Any and all members please comment with your support or disposition and explain your response.
    Last edited by Spinks; 02-04-2014 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PleadingBark View Post
    You guys are fucking idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by IamWill View Post
    I too am a fellow baller. Just the other day i purchased TWO arizona strawberry lemonades and they weren't even on sale.

I would love to see the forum come back to life, as I never truly got to experience the real scene before it died away unfortunately. Do you think redesigning the website would make it more pleasurable to browse? Take ImportAtlanta, for example. Their site was decent before, but with the new facelift it seems much more inviting. I don't know, just a suggestion.

I think Tapatalk is badass. That should DEFINITELY be reinstated. It makes posting and browsing/replying from the phone actually easy and fun to do. That would be a big plus. I know I use Tapatalk multiple times a day and with their newest version it makes browsing forums awesome.

Needless to say any change at all would probably benefit this community as even the short time i've been here not much has changed ( big picture type stuff ). Anyways, I hope at least something I said will help in this effort to improve the community a little bit. Hope to see the forum grow back up again.
    1991 S13: "Creamsicle" S14 SR-------RIP
    1997 S14: Fortune auto / SPL / Kouki / 2jz

its one main thing.....facebook. facebook is our killer. its so much easier to post on their pic on their and for so many more ppl to see it. one friend likes it and gets spread around like 100 times

That's true. I try to mention the 240ATL page on my for sale posts most times, but i'll admit I frequently use facebook for buying selling and trading as the community there is huge. It's that 240SX RWD Automotive Buy Sell & Trade group with 17,000 members that is taking the cake on this one. If those numbers of people were here this forum would explode.
    1991 S13: "Creamsicle" S14 SR-------RIP
    1997 S14: Fortune auto / SPL / Kouki / 2jz

"Vote for Spinks!" Nice suggestions bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinks View Post
    No problem brother player dude dawg nigga man.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever210 View Post
    its one main thing.....facebook. facebook is our killer. its so much easier to post on their pic on their and for so many more ppl to see it. one friend likes it and gets spread around like 100 times
    The number of likes you get on a pic of your 240 is irrelevant. If you have a nice 240, there are several places you can post it and get likes. #240 #sickbro #jdm. 240Atlanta's facebook is a good way to post things for sale. That's pretty much it. If you post your opinion, it will be seen or heard for 30 minutes before it's burried by baby pictures and stupid opinions plastered onto meme pics. People who crave a real response would want to come to the forum for anything actually insightful. The problem with that is, it wont be seen because anything that's not for sale doesn't hit the front page.

I too am a fellow baller. Just the other day i purchased TWO arizona strawberry lemonades and they weren't even on sale.

i love you too josh. but this place has been kinda dead for a while. its just the same 100 people all the time. if that many

Quote Originally Posted by AE86Eric View Post
    Hunter you need to talk to the Russian dude, he said he's not mad; just disappointed.

I <3 My KA-T

Quote Originally Posted by Spinks View Post
    The number of likes you get on a pic of your 240 is irrelevant. If you have a nice 240, there are several places you can post it and get likes. #240 #sickbro #jdm. 240Atlanta's facebook is a good way to post things for sale. That's pretty much it. Your opinion will be seen or heard for 30 minutes before it's burried by baby pictures and stupid opinions plastered onto meme pics. People who crave a real response would want to come to the forum for anything actually insightful. The problem with that is, it wont be seen because anything that's not for sale doesn't hit the front page.
    I was talkin more like for sale. its easier to upload pic from phone to sell something. like that 240/rwd group has like 17,000 members.

I was talkin more like for sale. its easier to upload pic from phone to sell something. like that 240/rwd group has like 17,000 members.
    You're right about that, but the people who come here to stay are not people who need something sold. The people that stay here enjoy the debate and opinion of their fellow local auto enthusiasts.

My suggestion is that the primary focus should be making sure the site is fully functioning before worrying about traffic development. I haven't been able to view my own profile (meaning, little-to-no access to the features there) for God knows how long.

I agree, but for different reasons. The Facebook "240Atlanta" and "240sx & RWD Automotive. Buy, Sell & Trade RWD!!" groups are far easier to navigate, and they are much more dynamic than 240Atlanta is at the moment. Is the 240atlanta Facebook group moderated by an Admin from 240atlanta.com? If so, I'd suggest there be a post stickied/pinned at the top directing users to 240atlanta.com

1996 240sx SE | whereuniverse.com | twitter

Thread Information