Thread: How do I replace S13 Manual Window Regulator?

1. #1 How do I replace S13 Manual Window Regulator? 
    My window won't go down, and I see its because of the little wire that rolls up/down on a coil is broken (regulator i believe). But I can't figure out how to get it out and change it. Any directions or advice? I've searched the oem repair manual and couldn't find anything.

Yeah. It is a super pain in the ass.

Start by taking off door panel.

From here there are two methods. The first is to pull out the regulator assembly with window attached, which can be done by removing the four nuts that hold the window regulator to the door, and then removing the bump-stops that will keep the window from being pulled out. These are actually screwed into the window itself.

Oh, also disconnect the window motor.

At this point you can very, very carefully pull the window and regulator assembly out, and you may have to do this at varying angles throughout the process.

The second method would be to unbolt the window from the regulator frame, but if you do this, you chance dropping the window and creating a mess. Before pulling out the window by itself, I would recommend unbolting the regulator from the door, because again, you have to finagle the window out, and this allows you more room and angles to do so.

As far as fixing it, it is a pretty simple pulley system. If you can get some pictures once you get it out of what's up, I may be able to help more.
    Looking for clean kouki tails and silvia front bumper!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by southernjake View Post
    The one thing that makes me madder than a queer with lockjaw on valentines day is when people put shitty parts on a nice car and make it look outrageous!

Quote Originally Posted by trsebert View Post
    Yeah. It is a super pain in the ass.

Start by taking off door panel.

From here there are two methods. The first is to pull out the regulator assembly with window attached, which can be done by removing the four nuts that hold the window regulator to the door, and then removing the bump-stops that will keep the window from being pulled out. These are actually screwed into the window itself.

Oh, also disconnect the window motor.

At this point you can very, very carefully pull the window and regulator assembly out, and you may have to do this at varying angles throughout the process.

The second method would be to unbolt the window from the regulator frame, but if you do this, you chance dropping the window and creating a mess. Before pulling out the window by itself, I would recommend unbolting the regulator from the door, because again, you have to finagle the window out, and this allows you more room and angles to do so.

As far as fixing it, it is a pretty simple pulley system. If you can get some pictures once you get it out of what's up, I may be able to help more.
    2008 post date homie!

Tinymoneypits.com the best forum to goto if your into anything radio control. Plus its local!

If you like this, vote AFSil80 for Moderator 2012. This message brought to you by Sig Sauer. The best in firearms.

God damnit. Owned, by a 4 year old post. I blame it on tapatalk on my phone tho. Still not quite used to this app, lol.
    Looking for clean kouki tails and silvia front bumper!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by southernjake View Post
    The one thing that makes me madder than a queer with lockjaw on valentines day is when people put shitty parts on a nice car and make it look outrageous!

Thread Information